Doncare has two Children’s Counselling programs:
PS4Kids provides short-term counselling for low-income Manningham families with children aged 0-12 years. To access this service, your child will need a referral from either a GP or other eligible referrer such as a Maternal Child Health nurse. Call us on 9856 1500 and ask to speak to the Children’s Counsellor for more information. Further details on the Access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) Doncare provides.
We also provide a low cost generalist Children’s Counselling Program to support children aged 6-17 years. Please call us and ask to speak to the Children’s Counsellor about your child’s needs on 9856 1500.
In some circumstances Doncare will assist people to find a service that is more suited to meet their particular needs, through referral to other practitioners and agencies.
Doncare provides a confidential counselling service, which includes appropriate professional consultation with counselling supervisors. We reserve the right to report serious risk situations to appropriate authorities.
Therapeutic Support Groups
Cool Kids is a therapeutic group for kids aged between 8-11 years which aims to:
- Create a safe environment for children to learn about how to express and manage their emotions
- Provide children with the opportunity to develop skills that allow them to establish and maintain positive relationships.
- To facilitate opportunities for children to meet and have fun with other children who have shared similar experiences.
Anxiety Hack is a group for teens 14-16yrs experiencing anxiety symptoms or at risk of developing anxiety
The group aims to:
- Educate teens about types of anxiety and symptoms
- Provide teens with a good understanding about their own worries, anxiety and stress
- Give teens new skills to manage their symptoms better
- Teach relaxation, helpful thinking and effective behavioural strategies