Volunteer at Doncare as an Established Counsellor
Doncare is looking for qualified and enthusiastic counsellors to join our vibrant Counselling team on a volunteer basis.
To be considered for the role of Volunteer Established Counsellor at Doncare you will need:
- Post Graduate level qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology
- Counselling experience
- Willing to commit to a term of at least six months for one day per week (this can be 2 half-days).
- Address the Key Requirements when completing this application form as listed in the Position Description
- Send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend an interview at Doncare
- Provide details of two referees you are comfortable for us to contact (post an interview)
- Complete a Police Check and Working With Children Check and provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencement
In return, we provide quality weekly group supervision and individual supervision as required. You will develop your own caseload to suit your available times either office-based or online. The client presentations are diverse and in particular offer you the chance to develop your family supportive counselling or family violence counselling skills.
There is also the opportunity to engage in other Doncare programs or activities including participating in staff meetings and events, professional development, training, group work, intake, and couples work.