Practical assistance is the provision of limited financial and/or material aid assistance to people in immediate need, and referrals to link you to the appropriate agencies and supports. A current health care card and/or other proof of Manningham residence are required.
Community Support Workers will assess your situation and the options available, which may include:
- Limited financial assistance in the form of occasional food vouchers
- Non-perishable food items
- Limited assistance with Telstra landline/combination bills
- Referral letters for material aid such as second-hand furniture/clothing
- Negotiating on your behalf with utilities, eg gas, water and electricity, or with Centrelink
- Liaison with and referral to other service providers
- Information about employment, training, or your legal or consumer rights, etc.
Through an assessment process, Doncare also has several grants programs to support eligible individuals, families and pensioners under financial hardship:
- Joining In: assistance with the costs of school activities or camps.
- Back to School: assistance with return to school costs such as fees or books.
- Winter Warmth: assistance for seniors with their winter utility bills.