Work with us
Clinical Psychology Supervisor – Counselling Program
Doncare is seeking a Clinical Psychologist to join our Counselling Team as a Clinical Supervisor. The Clinical Supervisor supervises a number of Provisional Psychologists on placement within the Counselling program by providing group and individual supervision, and monitoring their work and professional progress. The successful candidate will be required to provide supervision every Monday to a cohort of students currently studying for their Master of Clinical Psychology degree. The Supervisor reports to the Manager, Counselling and collaborates to uphold and enhance practice standards. The Supervisor works with other supervisors as a team to develop and revise policies and practices relevant to the program.
Duties of the role include:
- Provision of individual clinical supervision to Provisional Psychologists.
- Facilitate one supervision group.
- Participate in a supervisor’s team meeting, currently held from 4-6pm on a Wednesday every 4 weeks.
- Assist with recruitment processes as required.
- Assist with referrals, assessments, and support of client work as necessary.
- Provide supervision of Provisional Psychologists on placement as requested.
- Other duties as directed by the Manager.
Team Leader – Emergency Relief
Doncare’s Information and Emergency Relief Team provides practical support and referral information to clients from Manningham who are experiencing financial hardship. The position requires an experienced leader and innovative practitioner who can provide leadership and practice support to a highly dedicated team of staff and volunteers. Ensuring a high standard of service provision by leading, developing and motivating the team is a significant component of the role. Relevant tertiary qualifications in social work, welfare, community development or a related field and/or significant experience in a similar role are desirable
Reporting to the Manager, Social Support, Information and Emergency Relief , the Team Leader Emergency Relief will be required to:
- Supervise the day to day operations of the program, including providing direction, support and supervision to program staff and volunteers
- Assist in the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of staff and volunteers for the program
- Manage service delivery, and supervise team workflows and client appointment systems.
- Co-ordinate the collection of donated food and other forms of material relief and its distribution to clients, providing direct assistance as necessary.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the program including evaluation of community and client needs
- Monitor the contracts held with funding bodies to ensure compliance, performance and reporting requirements are met
- On-going monitoring program budgets
- Actively participate in the monitoring of service issues, trends, standards and improvement strategies and ensure the program and services are suitably documented
- Liaise with other community service providers to ensure effective referral systems and coordination of service provision
- Participate in regular supervision with the Manager
- Make and maintain relationships with regular donors
Position Classification: Social Community Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHCADS) – SACS Social Worker Level 5
Hours of Work: 30.40 hours per week (days to be negotiated)
Doncare is a not for profit agency that provides services to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged residents of Manningham and surrounding suburbs. Doncare supports families and individuals of all ages to access opportunities that will assist them in their daily living and enhance family functioning. Doncare provides high quality services in the areas of Counselling, Social Support, Family Services and practical assistance.
Doncare receives funding from local, state and federal governments. We also operate six opportunity shops and attract funds through the support of private donations, philanthropic trusts and the community sector.
Doncare values the diversity of the community and welcomes applications from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island communities, and people who identify as LGBTQI.
Doncare has a legal and moral responsibility to ensure the safety of all children in accordance with the Child Safe Standards and expects all staff to commit to this standard and understand their duty of care obligations. Mandatory pre-employment checks will be undertaken prior to commencement.