Work With Us
Doncare is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation that provides services to people who are vulnerable or in crisis in the City of Manningham and surrounding suburbs.
Doncare supports families and individuals of all ages to access opportunities that will assist them in their daily living and enhance family functioning. Doncare provides high-quality services in the areas of Counselling, Emergency Relief, Case Management, Family Violence Recovery Services, Family Services, Social Support for Seniors and the Volunteer Visitors Scheme. Read about our Mission and Vision.
Our talented team of staff, volunteers and students provide a range of carefully developed, targeted services to the community with respect, skill, and excellence. Diversity and inclusivity are important to Doncare. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, LGBTIQ+ people and people with a lived experience of disability, to name a few.
Doncare receives funding from Local, State and Federal governments to operate several of our programs and utilises the proceeds of our three opportunity shops and the support of private donations, philanthropic trusts and the community support.
Current Opportunities at Doncare
The Team Leader is responsible for management of the Social Support Programs for Seniors, which incorporates Social Support Groups and the Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme (ACVVS). The programs support social interaction and connectiveness for senior citizens within the local Manningham area, either in a group setting or via one on one home visits. The Team Leader is responsible for ensuring KPI’s and targets for both programs are met, staff, students and volunteers are recruited, training requirements are completed, and funding reporting and quality obligations are met. This role is part time 22.8 hours (0.6FTE) per week at SCHADS Level 6.
The Team Leader will lead innovative development of the program as the needs of the client cohort and the sector change. One task of the successful candidate will be to set up a student placement program and provide supervision to the students placed.
- Lead the day to day operations and supervision of the Social Support Services team ensuring staff are meeting the needs of our clients and volunteers.
- Support the CEO in future planning, enhancement and development of Social Support Services
- Prepare submissions for funding as required
- Actively pursue opportunities for program expansion and innovation
- Liaise with other appropriate community service providers to ensure effective referral systems and coordination of service provision for seniors
- Ensure compliance with reporting and contractual requirements
Key Selection Criteria
- A relevant qualification in Social Work is essential.
- Substantial experience (5+ years preferred) in the sector are required.
- Previous leadership experience is highly desirable.
- Eligible for membership of the AASW or equivalent
- Knowledge of Funding and Service agreement requirements, Commonwealth Home Support packages, HACC PYP and Aged Care Volunteer Visitors Scheme funding guidelines is essential
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of the issues and challenges of our senior citizens
- Knowledge and experience in the co-ordination, management, supervision and development of staff, students, teams and volunteers including to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to effectively foster relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in time management, setting priorities and planning work effectively.
- Demonstrated resilience and ability to pivot with changing goals and tasks
- An understanding of group functioning/dynamics and volunteerism
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and data bases as well as a social media platforms.
CLOSING DATE: 14 February, 2024.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview to be held in early February with the view being the successful candidate will commence as soon as possible.
Read the Team Leader, Social Support position description. Further information may be obtained by contacting Doncare reception on 9856 1500.
Please submit your application and resume via Employment Hero.
This temporary part time (0.5FTE/ 19 hours per week) role offers a mix of accounting and office administration duties and is ideal for an experienced Finance Officer/Office Manager/Bookkeeper who is seeking a varied role in a purpose-driven, dynamic organisation. The role will initially be for 6 months with the possibility to extend to 12 months depending on funding. Prior experience in Payroll, Accounts Payable/Receivable and general reconciliations is essential, as is a willingness to take a flexible approach to delivering on accounting tasks and general office administration duties. The Finance Officer will have responsibility for processing payroll including setting up new staff, processing timesheets and leave requests and STP reporting. They will also be responsible for processing accounts payable, raising invoices and monitoring bank account balances. The Finance Officer will be required to assist in office administration functions including reception cover and monitoring administrative and expenses. This role is Classification Level 4 of the SCHADS award with an hourly rate of $41.52 plus superannuation.
19 hours per week (0.5 FTE)
- Use your organisation and attention to detail skills to make a difference in the lives of others
- Salary Packaging available, increase your take-home pay!
- Part time position with flexible work options including the flexibility to increase hours periodically based on Doncare’s requirements
- enhance work life balance.
- access to EAP Services
To be successful in this role you will have the relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role, ideally in the not-for -profit sector. You will have well developed attention to detail and data analysis skills, proficiency in excel and MS Office, strong time management and excellent communication skills. Experience with Xero would be advantageous.
Read the Finance Office position description.
Please submit your cover letter, your response to the selection criteria and resume via Emplyment Hero to be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 12 February 2024
The Executive Assistant is a multi-disciplinary role reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position provides high level efficient, personal and confidential administrative support to the CEO and Board. The role also provides assistance for various projects as requested by the CEO.
This is a part-time role that requires some flexibility, including the ability to work one Monday evening per month (2-2.5 hours). The successful applicant can ideally spread their work hours over three days: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, e.g. 9:30 am – 3 pm in Doncare’s head office in Doncaster. There is the potential of additional hours from time to time in response to changing organisational needs.
The Executive Assistant role has the following key accountabilities:
CEO and Office Administrative Support
Provide secretarial and administrative support
Manage the communication and information flow to and from the CEO’s office
Compile monthly Board papers, reports and visual presentations
Prepare meeting agendas and minutes as required
Other duties as directed by the CEO.
Board Administrative Support
Liaise with the Board and its committees and ensure distribution of reports and information in a timely and accurate manner
Prepare monthly Board meeting agenda and papers in liaison with the Board Chair and CEO
Attend monthly Board meeting, take and distribute Board minutes, and log meeting actions
Maintain the Board’s SharePoint site and calendar/work plan requirements on a regular basis
Assist with coordination and administrative needs of sub-committee meetings as agreed with CEO
Coordinate the update of Board Manuals / Policies as agreed with Board and CEO
Support the coordination of the AGM in liaison with Manager, Marketing, Communications and Business Systems
Support with Board recruitment administration / coordination of induction of new Board members in liaison with HR staff.
You will be a proactive person with strong interpersonal and communication skills. Your attention to detail will be exemplary and your values will align with Doncare’s corporate values.
Please submit your cover letter, your response to the key selection criteria and resume via Employment Hero. Applications close 13 February 2024.