Student Wellbeing & Back to School Support
Myer through the Myer Community Fund continues to provide limited financial support for Doncare’s Student Wellbeing/Back to School Program in 2023.
Doncare’s Student Wellbeing Program ensures that children and young people experiencing disadvantage are able to participate in a range of activities and access services that would otherwise be beyond their families’ financial capacity.
This includes financial support for:
- After school activities
- Sports equipment
Doncare will assess all requests on a case by case basis in an effort to ensure equity of access.
Victorian Government School Support
Doncare will generally NOT provide funds for items or activities that are otherwise the responsibility of Victorian Government schools to provide to families experiencing financial hardship. This includes school fees, books, and uniforms.
The Victorian Government assists families in financial hardship with the following programs:
- The Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund applications are submitted by schools. The program provides capped payments for eligible students to attend camps, sports and excursions.
- State Schools’ Relief applications are submitted by schools. The program covers costs such as new school uniforms, shoes, books and more for disadvantaged students.
- Student Scholarships – the Department of Education and Training manages over 25 student scholarships programs, that are awarded for a range of reasons including academic achievement, participation in the school and local community or financial need.
Please contact your school to ask for a ‘parent payments contact person’, who can assist you to apply for these programs.
How To Apply
If you feel you are eligible for support from the Doncare Student Wellbeing Program, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following:
- Some supporting documentation (e.g. healthcare card or invoice) that you would like us to consider.
- A mobile phone number so that we can speak with you directly.
Once your request has been assessed, a Doncare team member will be in touch.
The intended outcomes of the Student Wellbeing Program are to:
- Improve the psychosocial health, wellbeing and self esteem of children and young people through accessing of appropriate and affirming activities and services.
- Empower parents and families to develop additional community connections to increase social inclusion.
- Facilitate access to financial support which will connect students to either their school or community.
- Students and their families will be provided with opportunities for inclusion in activities that would not have been possible without financial support from their school.
- Students who participate in our counselling program will have improved mental health and wellbeing and be better supported to manage life challenges as they arise.
- Student participation in school and their community will be enhanced through either financial and or psychosocial support provided by Doncare’s case managers, counsellors or emergency relief program.