Family Violence Prevention and Recovery
Doncare’s Family Violence Prevention and Recovery program provides:
- Creative therapy groups
- Support, information and referrals
- Individual counselling, free or low cost sessions
- Referrals for women and children who are experiencing financial hardship
- iMatter mentor programs
- iMatter App
- LiveFree App
- Dorothy Rose Fund – donations permitting
- SaSSing choir
- dealing with emotions
- healthy conflict
- boundary setting
- protective factors; and
- recovery from domestic violence.
What do we mean by domestic violence?
The definition we use is:
“Domestic violence/intimate partner abuse is a pattern of behaviour of one person in a relationship that is dominating and controlling of the other through physical and sexual violence; threats and intimidation; emotional and social abuse; or financial deprivation.”
If someone is abusing you,
IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.
The first step is to talk to someone. Help is available. Call us on 9856 1500.